tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bart Vandewoestyne <Bart.Vandewoest...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Logging with Log4J
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:55:34 GMT
On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 05:08:05PM -0500, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, cons
>
> See Jeffrey's suggestion in his post.

OK.  I changed that... and I'm working my way through the Log4J
docs to better understand how it works...

> > log4j.appender.myAppender.File=testbart.log
>
> I would have done:
> log4j.appender.myAppender.File=/var/log/tomcat/mywebapp.log
>
> Make sure that the user running Tomcat has rights to write to that
> file/directory.

OK.  I also figured out that it works if i specify the absolute
path /var/log/tomcat/mywebapp.log

I thought that if i only specify the filename, by default it
would arrive in /var/log/tomcat/ but apparently this is not the
case.

Anyway, my problem seems solved. All i have to do now is continue
reading the Log4J docs to better understand and configure my
logging :-)

Thanks!
Bart

--
	"Share what you know.  Learn what you don't."