tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Gerhardus.Geldenh...@gta-travel.com>
Subject RE: Strange characters seen in RR and Cd columns on jkserver-status page after upgrading modjk to .28
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:23:20 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: 11 December 2009 17:43
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Strange characters seen in RR and Cd columns on jkserver-status page after upgrading
modjk to .28

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have upgraded our modjk from .26 to .28
> using mod_jk-1.2.28-httpd-2.2.X.so obtained from
> http://../tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.28/x86_64/
>
> We are running
> Server version: Apache/2.2.3
> Server built:   Nov 12 2008 10:40:14
>
> CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
>
> After upgrading we are seeing random characters in the RR an Cd columns on the jkserver-status
page.
> eg
> o%2B
> o+
> ����

That kind of thing triggers an immediate suspicion regarding a
mismatched character set/encoding somewhere.
I am not familiar at all with JSP pages, but could it be that during the
update, you also customized some JSP pages, with an editor ?
Are they really random characters (e.g. noise), or would-be real
characters being replaced by the cabalistic signs above ?

It does seem to be random... i have seen a lot of different characters appearing in these
fields which change occasionaly as I refresh th jkserver-status page.
I am going to hunt down character encodings on Monday. It baffles me because modjk is the
only change that has happend. Maybe the .28 is just better at pointing out mistakes thats
been there in the past.

Best Regards