tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Gerhardus.Geldenh...@gta-travel.com>
Subject RE: How to get java process id of a user running tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:57:45 GMT
Hi
Have a look at the Redhat/Centos startup scripts to see how they do
that.

If you are running a other linux os then use ps and look for java
processes. Normally the java process will have a catalina param
somewhere so that is usefull to grep for.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: raj kumar [mailto:bprajkumar121@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 December 2009 06:30
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: How to get java process id of a user running tomcat

Hi friends,

When i ran tomcat and shut it down my java process is not closing along
with
shutdown.i need to kill it explicitly. So  I would like to know how to
identify the java process of the logged in user who started the server.
so
that i can kill the process id from the shutdown.sh script itself.
Please
help me.

Tomcat: jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28
Java : j2sdk1.4.2