tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony Jay" <anthony...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Contexts and Path and Authentication
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:54:29 GMT
Excellent. Now I have an elegant plan B in case my current
apache-mod_auth_mysql-tomcat-form-based-authentication solution proves
impractical.
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=126047599208053&w=2
Regards,
Tony

Christopher Schultz wrote:

> securityfilter (http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net) can be tricked
> into doing this. Although the standard operating procedure is to map sf
> to all URLs (i.e. <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern), one can choose to map
> it to different patterns and deploy it /twice/:
>
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>Security Filter BASIC</filter-name>
>       <filter-class>org.securityfilter.filter.SecurityFilter</filter-class>
>       <init-param>
>          <param-name>config</param-name>
>          <param-value>/WEB-INF/securityfilter-basic.xml</param-value>
>       </init-param>
>     </filter>
>
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>Security Filter FORM</filter-name>
>       <filter-class>org.securityfilter.filter.SecurityFilter</filter-class>
>       <init-param>
>          <param-name>config</param-name>
>          <param-value>/WEB-INF/securityfilter-form.xml</param-value>
>       </init-param>
>     </filter>

I did not know that securityfilter handled both Basic and Form
authentication.  Is that recent ?