tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ake Tangkananond" <iam...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat thread model
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:17:17 GMT
Hello,

I am finding a way to keep a variable in a request scope. I feel it is
cumbersome to put that into request variable and pass it through multiple
objects. So, I think I will make it accessible through a static class
variable. I wonder if I can put it into a static ThreadLocal variable in a
class?

To rephrase the question: Though the thread pooling is possible, and one
thread may serve multiple requests, can it be guaranteed that each thread
will serve only a single request at the same time? If the answer is "yes",
does this apply to all Java Servlet implementation ?

Regards,
Ake