tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Char Encoding text streams on Tomcat 5.5 and Linux
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:16:10 GMT
2009/11/27 Dan Bagley <dan.bagley@metadatatechnology.com>:
> Server version: Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

That's 2.5 years old and has a number of known security
vulnerabilities.  Given that the issue is the client's security review
process, have they reviewed later 5.5.x releases and verified that the
known issues aren't a problem for them?

> OS Name:        Linux
> OS Version:     2.6.9-78.0.13.ELsmp
> Architecture:   amd64
> JVM Version:    1.5.0_16-b02
> JVM Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.

Just to check, does your working Linux / Tomcat 6.0 system have an
identical JVM on it (and are both JVMs 32-bit, or both 64-bit)?  I'm
just trying to eliminate other variables, such as JVM version and
platform.

> And yep this is a customer support issue as the later versions of Tomcat
> have not been approved through there security review process, so they're
> unable to move onto the later versions.
>
> I'll double check Tomcat 5.5.28, but there still may be issues with the
> client moving onto this release.

Good luck!  You have the misfortune of posting this on a US holiday
weekend, by the way, so you might get fewer responses than usual as
our New World friends are giving thanks for their turkeys and stuffing
;-).

- Peter