tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Compression and SSL
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:52:51 GMT
2009/11/2 George Sexton <georges@mhsoftware.com>

> You didn't read the original post very closely.
>
> >> to serve applications from the US to Asia-based clients.
>
> It's bandwidth and latency.

Actually, yes, I did.  And I saw that, and I suspected latency would be the
answer.  Suspicion is not confirmation however :-).  One thing I've learned
over the last 35 years is to confirm the problem rather than guess at a
solution based on incomplete information.

Jeffrey's since confirmed it's not a CPU issue - thanks Jeffrey! - so I
agree that bandwidth/latency is the one to solve, as the rest of the
thread's been working on while I've been asleep!

- Peter