tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <>
Subject Re: Tomcat service stops frequently after MS09-061 patch
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:27:59 GMT
2009/11/2 chetan khadye <>

> We are facing an issue with the microsoft patch. We applied the patch
> MS09-061 on our production and development environment which is
> running on Windows server 2003. After the patch applied the tomcat
> server stops responding the http requests after every 15 20 minutes.
> The restarting of tomcat server seems resolving the issue.
> We have removed the patch from our development environment to check if
> the tomcat responds normally, and its working fine now.
> Since the patch is critical it's mandatory to apply it. Kindly advice
> what can be causing the issue of tomcat not responding the http
> requests.
> Please let me know if any more details are required.

Java version?
Tomcat version?
Is it standalone or behind Apache httpd? If behind httpd, httpd version and
connector details?
Any exceptions in the Tomcat log files?
If you take a thread dump once the server has stalled, where are the threads

This information *might* be enough to start debugging the issue.

- Peter