tomcat-users mailing list archives

From maven apache <apachemav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remote debug
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:31:31 GMT
Hi:
I have changed to tomcat 6.0.20(zip),.
And I follow the running.txt under its install directory,use the startup.bat
to start the tomcat,it works.
Then I shutdown the tomcat and want to config the remote debug in the
eclipse EE.
1> I set the environment variable
     JPDA_ADDRESS=1044
     JPDA_TRANSPORT=dt_socket
2> I start the tomcat with debug "catalina.bat jpda start", and a new
command window startup and it shows
     "Listening for transport dt_socket at address:1044"
     "Server startup in 448 ms",
 I think it start successfully.

3> In my eclipse EE,I create a new debug configuration and try to connect
the tomcat,however it show the same error:
"Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused."

Is there something wrong in my configuration ?

BTW, does the remote debug means I can debug my web app in computer A with
tomcat installed at computer B?