tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Janner" <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: webapps question
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 14:57:12 GMT
Michele -
I just double-checked the Oracle website
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jd
bc_10201.html) and confirmed that the classes12.jar file is meant for
use with JDK 1.2 & 1.3.  If you're using anything later, you should be
using the ojdbc14.jar file.  IF your developers don't want to up-version
the library, then you can just swap out for the ojdbc14.jar file from
the same place you got the classes12.jar file.
In the meantime, go to the above and familiarize yourself with the
README.  It's a helpful doc.
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Mase' [mailto:michele.mase@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:26 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: webapps question

Thanx for the log4j hint!
I'had only listed the libs. The most difficult thing is to explain some
"ancient" developers (they wrote the webservices) that sometimes they
should
change the old library!
I'll try to put all libraries except from commons-logging and log4j into
the
shared libs
Michele

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Jeffrey Janner
<Jeffrey.Janner@polydyne.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure about commons-logging, but log4j is definitely not
> share-safe.
>
> I tried it, and in our case, ended up with messages from different
> webapps interleaving in "seemingly random" log files.  That might have
> had more to do with how my developers were using log4j than the
library
> itself, but I still ended up moving the log4j *and* commons-logging
back
> into WEB-INF/lib.
>
> I've not had any problems sharing the Oracle class library, but if
> you're running a jvm 1.5 (1.4? see oracle docs) or greater, then you
> really should be using the ojdbc14.jar file instead of classes12.jar.
> And get the latest (or at least 10.2.0.4) version from the Oracle
> website to get any bug fixes or performance improvements.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/217929/problem-with-commons-logging-l

og4j-setup-in-spring-webapp-with-tomcat-6<http://stackoverflow.com/quest
ions/217929/problem-with-commons-logging-l%0Aog4j-setup-in-spring-webapp
-with-tomcat-6>