tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Medina <jmed...@e-dialog.com>
Subject RE: Problem forward HTTP / Soap request using mod_jk
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:16:47 GMT
No, you don't need the load balancer if you only have one Tomcat behind your Apache server.

The status worker is not needed either, but it allows you to monitor the state of the load
balancer and the workers from a browser. (You can even enable/disable workers)

-----Original Message-----
From: breaks [mailto:astaveley@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 4:57 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: RE: Problem forward HTTP / Soap request using mod_jk

Thanks to all. I am at home now but will try your suggestions tomorrow.

I was just wondering why I would need a load balancer, uriproperties file or a status worker
just because it is a HTTP POST SOAP request?

I am able to get all other http requests forwarded to my tomcat server without the above...