tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Putting Docbase on network drive. Is it Possible ?
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:26:45 GMT
> From: R. S. Patil [mailto:kpr.rspatil@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Putting Docbase on network drive. Is it Possible ?
>
> I ran the startup script in a terminal window. The terminal window wont
> come back to prompt as it does on Linux. For shutting down I have to
> open another window. Is it Normal or it has any other work around ?

No, that's not normal.  The startup.bat script uses the Windows "start" command to initiate
the Tomcat process in a command window separate from the one the script is running in.  The
original command window should return a prompt almost immediately after displaying four "Using
xxx" lines.  If it doesn't do that, someone has modified - and broken - your startup.bat or
catalina.bat scripts.  Download a fresh copy of Tomcat and compare what you have with the
unmodified copy.

As André noted, CTRL-C can be used to cleanly terminate the Tomcat process when you've terminated
the original command window.

 - Chuck