tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: POST replication
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:30:43 GMT
> From: João Nuno Silva [mailto:jnss81@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: POST replication
>
>  From what I've seen in the FormAuthenticator class Mark pointed me to,
> Tomcat doesn't create a new request, instead it fills it's fields with
> the values from the previous request. I'll try this in the near future
> and let you guys know how it went. Thanks!

I'm curious as to why you're reinventing this particular wheel.  Why not let Tomcat's built-in
authentication handling do the hard work for you, and you just supply either a custom Realm
or a JAAS-compliant login module to do the actual user validation?  That would seem to be
a lot easier and a lot less dependent on the internals of the particular Tomcat version you
happen to be using.

 - Chuck