tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat - Xms and Xmx size
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 04:35:47 GMT
> From: abdul razack [mailto:sh_abdul7@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Tomcat - Xms and Xmx size
>
>  Please let me know whether maximum and minimum heap size can be
> configured to 512MB.  What is the upper limit? I am using RAM 3.5GB.

The amount of RAM is largely irrelevant.  On a 32-bit Windows system, heap size is limited
to around 1.5G when using 2GB process space, a bit more with 3GB process space.  However,
raising the heap size will only postpone the inevitable - you need to fix your memory leak.
 Use a profiler to find out what's consuming the heap space, and then fix it.  Even the free
profilers included in the JDK will help.

 - Chuck