tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Want to customise the tomcat's session logic
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:45:53 GMT
> From: S Arvind [mailto:arvindwill@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Want to customise the tomcat's session logic
>
> deploy one app in tomcat by having context xml in
> catalina>>domain>>xxx.xml . When you access this
> app check the session u will find the path attribute
> with xxx in it.

You're confusing the session with the cookie.  The session is a spec-defined object in the
JVM heap, whereas the cookie is the standard means of passing an id associated with the session
to the client.  The path information in the cookie normally reflects the URI used when the
cookie was generated by the server, but it doesn't have to.

> Wat i need is two different session for same webapp
> running under single tomcat???

I don't think either the servlet spec or any browsers will support that.  You'll need to generate
your own set of cookies, separate from session handling.

 - Chuck