tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Class not found when doing JNDI lookup
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:38:13 GMT
> From: Mike Baranski [mailto:list-subscriptions@secmgmt.com]
> Subject: Class not found when doing JNDI lookup
>
> I have ifxjdbc.jar in WEB-INF/lib, which contains the Informix driver
> I'm looking for (I opened it and verified).

To quote from the doc:
"Before you proceed, don't forget to copy the JDBC Driver's jar into $CATALINA_HOME/lib."

The jar must be in Tomcat's lib directory, not the webapp's WEB-INF/lib, if you want Tomcat
to manage the connection pool.

> I have the following in context.xml:
> <Context path="">

The path attribute is not allowed.  Also, you appear to be modifying the global conf/context.xml,
which is a really, really bad idea.  The <Resource> element for the webapp should be
in the webapp's <Context> element, located in the webapp's META-INF/context.xml file.

 - Chuck