tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Will tomcat allow me to configur access to a single folder?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 02:45:04 GMT
> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.gooding@gmail.com]
> Subject: Will tomcat allow me to configur access to a single folder?
>
> Can I configure tomcat so that everytime someone went to the
> /external site dump section, it would ask for credentials?

Read section 12 of the servlet spec for a description of how to configure security.  In particular,
you will need a WEB-INF/web.xml file containing a <security-constraint> section with
a <url-pattern> of / (which indicates all URLs are covered; you will not need any <servlet>
or <servlet-mapping> declarations, since they're covered by Tomcat's default web.xml.
 Look at the WEB-INF/web.xml of Tomcat's manager or host-manager app for examples.  You will
need a <Realm> declaration for the webapp to provide the authentication mechanism.

 - Chuck