tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: how to configure multiple urls with app not starting twice
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 02:17:39 GMT
> From: Dean Hiller [mailto:dean.hiller@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: how to configure multiple urls with app not starting twice
>
> actually, I am using 6.0.16

Then please, please use the doc for the that level, not the ancient version you have been
referring to.

> Anyway to maintain the war file name so we can tell what war
> file is what?

First, remove all <Context> elements from conf/server.xml.

Keep your webapps outside of Tomcat's directory space, and create conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml
files for each, where [appName] is the URI path for the app (ROOT for the default).  Inside
each said file, place a <Context> element with a docBase attribute pointing to the location
of the related .war file.  Do not use a path attribute.

 - Chuck