tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Choma <martin.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Memory and Garbage Collection questions...
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:11:50 GMT
Hi,

in fact, garbage collection is not tomcat stuff. It is JVM responsibility.

So try to focus on jvm memory problem, not tomcat memory problem.
Maybe some memory leak?

Martin

2009/11/2 Johnson, Trevin (Contractor) <Trevin.Johnson@occ.treas.gov>:
> Hello
> OS Version: Windows 2000
> Tomcat version:5.5.17
> Initial Memory Pool: 768
> Maximum Memory Pool:1024
> Java Version: Java\jdk1.5.0_14
>
> When we restart the tomcat service our tomcat memory is about 120Mb. It keeps going up
over the next few days util it reaches 700Mb and we have to reboot the server. We do not see
any errors just yet but the server gets close to maxing out
> I have questions around garbage collection for tomcat
>
> Questions:
> 1.We do not see the memory going down for the tomcat service. Shouldn't the memory go
down as well as up over this timespan