tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "R. S. Patil" <kpr.rspa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Putting Docbase on network drive. Is it Possible ?
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:59:16 GMT
Hi Chuck Caldarale

> Works fine for me - as long as I'm running Tomcat via the startup.bat script.  If you're
running Tomcat as a service, the service has no access to any drive mappings you've made under
your userid.

Yes it works with startup.bat script. I just tested it and found mapped drives
also work. Thanks for tip. BTW I have a small difficulty.

I ran the startup script in a terminal window. The terminal window wont
come back to prompt as it does on Linux. For shutting down I have to open
another window. Is it Normal or it has any other work around ?

Suppose if I have to restart tomcat what I have to do ?
simply close startup terminal window and in another terminal window
fire startup again ?

Thanks and best regards.

RAJA