tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: centralized log server
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:28:06 GMT
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Kaushal Shriyan [mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com]
>> Subject: centralized log server
>>
>> is there a centralized application to access all the tomcat server
>> catalina.logs
>
> Your question is badly phrased, as Pid keeps trying to point out.
>
> If all you want is to be able to look at the log files, any editor will do.
>
> LambdaProbe can display the Tomcat log files in a browser - if it can be installed on
your version of Tomcat, which you didn't bother to tell us.  You also didn't tell us what
platform you're running on, or whether you're using a standard Tomcat download or a 3rd-party
repackaged version.  (The location of the log files varies with each.)

Hi Chuck

I got to see tcat server from
http://www.mulesoft.com/tcat-server-enterprise-tomcat-application-server
which says about centralized logging system and also additional
features.

Do you recommend it. I am using the vanila apache tomcat 5.5.27 from
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi

Please suggest/Guide

Thanks,

Kaushal