tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <kbo...@als.com>
Subject Re: Deploying and building a war file
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:12:41 GMT
If you use Eclipse (www.eclipse.org/   free; runs on Wins/Mac/Linux)
with the web plugins, it records your deploy target, and allows you to
deploy with either a war file, or in "exploded form".  In the latter
case, you can usually leave your web server running, make a code
change, save the file, and it is automatically re-compiled & re-
deployed to the running server.  At worst, you only need to hit a
refresh button.  It makes life much simpler, and the syntax-directed
editor saves me from many stupidities.

--Ken