tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Gooding <josh.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Will tomcat allow me to configur access to a single folder?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 02:18:26 GMT
Unlike Apache HTTPD, can Tomcat be configured to allow access to a single
directory?  I am looking at writing a bit of code to be able to upload spare
files to a section on the webserver, and then be able to view them and d/l
them.  Writing the code for the upload is not hard, but just wondering since
I have a .com, if I had say domain.com/external site dump/  Can I configure
tomcat so that everytime someone went to the /external site dump section, it
would ask for credentials?  Is this just a simple realm configuration?

Thanks.

- Josh