tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: IIS redirect stops at [xxx] is a servlet url - should redirect to ajp13
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:08:56 GMT
Glynbach2 wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, and yes indeed, I've run out of my knowledge of what
> to eliminate. I'd checked the netstat already and there was a Tomcat6.exe
> process running on 8009. I've now done a successful telnet as well (though
> Tomcat doesn't close the connection).

Ok, this was not lost time, since now at least we know that the basics
are there and that nothing obvious interferes fom the outside.
You have also provided software versions and a detailed logfile before.

I have not spotted an obvious problem in the workers.properties or other
files which you submitted before.
Or, maybe a detail :
the mappings that you use are mostly of the form :
/xyz/* = ajp13
that applies to all URLs beginning with "/xyz/", *except* the URL
"/xyz/" itself.  So if you expect requests for URLs like "/xyz/", you
should add mappings for them, like
/xyz/* = ajp13
/xyz/ = ajp13
(both)

> Netstat shows Tomcat6.exe listening on 8009 8080 8005
these are fine
8005 is Tomcat's shutdown port
8080 is the HTTP Connector below
8009 is the AJP Connector below

  2037 2040 2041 2042 2043
these are strange (to me)

> . I suppose the only question mark I have there is that there is no 8443
> as the Servlet.xml defines the http connector and the ajp connector as
> having a redirectPort 8443. But I assume that is just to do with ssl, as it
> works fine when I go straight to 8080.

Yes it has. But the reason why no such port is open/listening, is that
you simply do not have a corresponding enabled <Connector
port="8443"...> in your server.xml below.
That is not a problem, as long as you do not anticipate HTTPS
connections to your server.
But you might as well remove the "redirectPort" attributes below, since
they might lead to confusion then.

>     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="8443" />
>
>     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

For the rest, my own knowledge of mod_jk with IIS is very limited, so
maybe someone else more knowledgeable could take over now ?