tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: silent / unattended install - tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:13:27 GMT
Beatty.Thomas wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone PLEASE tell me how to install tomcat 5.5 silently? I need to install the
service, set the destination folder, set the Administrator user name and password, and set
the path to the JVM. Does anyone know the parameters that I need to set at the command line
in order to accomplish this? So far I have the following:

> apache-tomcat-5.5.17.exe /S /D=C:\develop\tomcat5.5

Maybe have a look at this :
http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html

In the .zip distribution of Tomcat 6, there are two .exe programs
supplied : tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe.  These programs are in fact the
renamed, respectively, prunsrv and prunmgr of which question in that
webpage.
So, probably, you will want to look at the command-line parameters
indicated for prunmgr, and apply them to the tomcat6w.exe program.