tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: http and/or ajp connectors
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:57:33 GMT
Jeffrey Trimble wrote:
> Recently, I used the cheap and easy http redirects from my apache server
> to my tomcat
> server.  I ran into two issues, that I hope someone is able to guide me
> to a better solution
>
> First, I wanted to have the user not have to know about port 8080, and
> to have the root
> of the apache redirect to the tomcat servlet running. So for my apache,
> I had the
> redirect of (in the httpd-vhosts.conf file)

The very first question is : do you use an Apache httpd front-end *only*
in order to hide port 8080 ?
Because if that is the case, why don't you just have Tomcat listening to
port 80 directly ? It can also serve static pages, not just JSPs or
servlets.
The fact that you are using a proxy setup to proxy "/" to Tomcat, makes
me wonder.

Second question : are Apache httpd and Tomcat running on the same host ?