tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: how to find tomcat binary distribution service name
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:40:28 GMT
SRama wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
> I am using binary distribution tomcat and zip format, and also I am starting
> through startup.bat file

Ok then, you are not running Tomcat as a service, you are running it
from a command window.
That is a good reason why you do not find its name in the services applet.

To install and run tomcat as a service :
In the tomcat/bin directory, there is a script called "service.bat".
Run it.
It will install tomcat as a windows service.
After that you will find it in the "Services" applet.

The other distribution (the exe file) is an automatic installer, which
installs Tomcat as a windows service immediately.
Unfortunately, it does not contain all the files that the zip version
contains, so in my opinion the one you have is better.