tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: HttpSessionListener sessionDestroyed only called once for sessionID
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:52:27 GMT
mauroS wrote:
> hello,
> I run jbossweb-tomcat55.sar inside jboss-4.0.5.CR1
> I have one EAR file with two WAR files inside.
> I added HttpSessionListener in web.xml to both wars.
> If I request both war files from the same browser I have two HttpSession
> objects with different hash but with the same sessionID. That is exacly what
> I expected.
> but sessionDestroyed is only called for the first HttpSession object and
> never for the second !
> furthermore sessionDestroyed is never called again for this sessionID also
> if new HttpSessions with new hash and same sessionID are created !
> If I request the war file with the "not destroyed session object" again,
> there is never a new session created.
I don't know what the Java gurus here are going to say about that, but
as far as I am concerned, it seems that you got exactly what you
deserved. Is there a real use case for something like that in Java ?

Ignore this non-technical comment, it was from the heart, not the brain.
The world is full of wonders.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message