tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.5.25 - Multiple Connectors and performance lost
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:02:27 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Simão Fontes [mailto:simao.fontes@fccn.pt]
>> Subject: tomcat 5.5.25 - Multiple Connectors and performance lost
>>
>> I have 4 web applications that communicate with each other. My problem
>> consists in getting the information form the various applications when
>> the number of threads is reached only by one application.
>
> Perhaps you could create a filter for each webapp that monitors the number of concurrent
threads for its webapp and rejects (or queues) requests that exceed some pre-defined limit.

But somehow this sounds to me like a problem in the design of the
application. If A must call B to get a full response to the client, but
A and B compete for a single resource pool, then why not combine them
into one single A+B process and be done with the competition ?
In addition to saving the overhead of A calling up B.