tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: A question about mod_jk 1.2.28 configuration
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:12:35 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 10.11.2009 14:26, thomas2004 wrote:
>>> Remove the socket_timeout. Please let us know, whether that helped.
>> I've moved the socket_timeout and the reply_timeout two days ago but it
>> doesn't help.

Hi.
Just my Tomcat- and Java-dummy look on this.
As I understand the basic issue, there is a request coming through
Apache for a document to be served by a Tomcat app. mod_jk forwards the
request to Tomcat, and the Tomcat app can take upward of 20 minutes to
produce the response (which is a PDF document).  In the meantime, some
timeout seems to occur at the front-end Apache or mod_jk level, and the
user never gets his document.
Now, is the problem not due to the fact that after receiving the
request, Tomcat + webapp does not send back *anything* for more than 20
minutes ?
Is there no possibility to have Tomcat + webapp return at least
*something* in the meantime, to avoid this timeout ?