tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: SEVERE: All threads (700) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads (700) or check the servlet status
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:21:57 GMT
Wait...

Joan Monplet Ortega wrote:
> This is our configuration about KeepAlive
>
> KeepAlive On
> KeepAliveTimeout 3  <======   this
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 500
> KeepAliveTimeout 15 <====== seems contradicted by this

Remove the second occurrence and try again,
But as the others say, a thread dump of Tomcat would tell you what these
busy threads are really busy doing.

Also, MaxKeepAliveRequests 500, I think, should be reset to the default
(unlimited).
By setting it to 500, you are forcing Apache
  1) to count the requests on the connection
  2) to force a disconnect after 500 requests, no matter if that is in
the middle of a page.
That sounds counterproductive.