tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problem forward HTTP / Soap request using mod_jk
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:57:02 GMT
breako wrote:
> I wonder couild this be something do with Apache only knowing about the
> tomcat server's AJP port and not it's http port?

I have to go right now, but I will answer this one quickly :

You do not have to use mod_jk as a connector between Apache and Tomcat.
There are two other ways :

1) use straight HTTP proxying, using the mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http
Apache modules.  In that case, your target <Connector> in Tomcat is the
standard HTTP one, like you did from the original Tomcat client.

2) use mod_proxy and mod_proxy_ajp.  In that case, the target is the
same Connector as for mod_jk, and the protocol is also AJP.

With both the above, you can also use balancing.

Look up httpd.apache.org -> 2.2. documentation -> modules -> P for proxy