tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problem forward HTTP / Soap request using mod_jk
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:04:39 GMT
breako wrote:
> Hi,
> I have two tomcat servers and I can make them talk to each other using soap
> / http no problem.

I am tempted to ask what they are talking about, but I won't.

> However, when I put Apache infront of one my tomcat servers and set it up to
> forward http requests to the tomcat server it doesn't get any requests.

Who is "it" ? Apache or Tomcat ?

> I am using the mod_jk to achieve the forwarding. I have tested other types
> of http forwarding, and they are all ok.

For example ?
Do you mean other than mod_jk, or other than SOAP ?

> So I am confident, I have my workers.properties, ajp ports etc set up ok.

That's nice.

> I am getting no error messages in my mod_jk logfile.

And are you getting messages anywhere else, for these requests that
supposedly arrive and don't go anywhere ?
(such as, in the Apache logs for instance)

> I wonder can mod_jk only forward only certain types of http requests?

Only HTTP requests.  But all your SOAP requests are also standard HTTP
requests, right ?

> Any ideas?
>
> Apache Http Server: Apache/2.0.47
> Tomcat Version: Tomcat/5.5.12
>
> I have to use these versions for the project I am working on.
>
> thanks.
>
> httpd.conf

> # Load the jk module.
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
>
> # Specify the workers.properties file location
> # This is where the tomcat instances are defined
> JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
> JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
> JkLogLevel    error

You could set the above level to "info" and maybe even "debug" for a
while.  You will get more details in the logfile.

> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
> JkRequestLogFormat "%B %H %r %s %w %V %T"
>
> # Set up the URLs for request forwarding.
> JkMount /HelloWorld/* worker2
> JkMount /* worker2       <== see below (***)
> JkMount /docy worker2

(***)
- with that rule, you don't really need the others, as it covers everything
- the question is however, if you use that rule (and proxy everything to
Tomcat) then why do you need Apache in front ?

> Workers.properties

> # Define 1 real worker using ajp13
> worker.list=worker2
>
> # Set properties for worker2 (ajp13)
> worker.worker2.type=ajp13
> worker.worker2.host=localhost
> worker.worker2.port=23009
> worker.worker2.lbfactor=1

That looks OK, if your Tomcat has a <Connector> of type AJP and
listening on port 23009.