tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject [mod_jk] Could not find worker with name
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:17:34 GMT

All,

I've done many mod_jk setups, but I'm stumped by this one.

Environment:
Apache httpd 2.2.9
mod_jk 1.2.28

I'm getting the "Could not find worker with name '[name]'" error and
everything looks okay to me. Could someone take a look and let me know
if I'm missing something?

jk_workers.properties
# Template worker
worker.template.type=ajp13
worker.template.host=localhost
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=60
worker.template.socket_timeout=300

worker.list=worker.worker21
worker.worker21.reference=worker.template
worker.worker21.port=8215

worker.list=worker.worker22
worker.worker22.reference=worker.template
worker.worker22.port=8225

worker.list=worker.worker23
worker.worker23.reference=worker.template
worker.worker23.port=8235

worker.list=worker.worker24
worker.worker24.reference=worker.template
worker.worker24.port=8245

worker.list=worker.worker25
worker.worker25.reference=worker.template
worker.worker25.port=8255

worker.list=worker.worker26
worker.worker26.reference=worker.template
worker.worker26.port=8265

Effective mod_jk httpd.conf configuration:
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
  JkLogFile /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
#  JkLogLevel Info
  JkLogLevel Debug
  JkShmFile /var/log/apache2/jk-runtime-status
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
  # This path points to the file above
  JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/jk_workers.properties
</IfModule>

JkStripSession On

[lots of JkMounts pointing to the workers defined above]

Here is the output from my mod_jk.log file with level=Debug:

(Apologies for the ton of logging, but it demonstrates that my
jk_workers.properties file /is/ being loaded but something is definitely
wrong)

I'm attaching the log file. I'll re-post if it doesn't attach properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- -chris