tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Manager sees distribution directories as applications
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:16:36 GMT
Jonathan Mast wrote:
> /
> --/webapps
> -----/host_<MY_HOST>
> -------/<MY_CONTEXT>

Is it not more like
server
     -- Host1
         --webapps
             -- manager
             -- your app 1
             -- your app 2
             -- others
     -- Host2
         --webapps
             -- manager
             -- your app3 (maybe the same as app 1 above)
             -- others
?

Maybe you did not exactly grasp what Chuck was asking you, which was
"what are you trying to achieve" ? (.. with the Tomcat Manager application)
As far as I know, the Manager allows you to :
- list the applications that exist
- start and stop these applications
- undeploy and application
- deploy an application
(all of that "within a Host", and using a nice interactive web page).
Not necessarily for me, but in the grand Tomcat scheme of things, these
look like relatively simple things, that could be done with something else.