tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Debian Linux and JAVA - _OPTS and _HOME
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:03:38 GMT
Massan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What file I should modify to get these JAVA commands to work. I have tried
> catalina.sh and almost all files in bin folder. Should it be like:
>
> export JAVA_OPTS ...
>
> And yes OS is Debian Linux.

To answer your question directly, and in general :
You should create the file bin/setenv.sh if it is not there, then insert
your environment values there.
This file is read by catalina.sh if it exists.

About Debian in particular, have a look also at /etc/init.d/tomcatxxx
(where xxx is your tomcat version, which you did not say), and check how
it does things (what it calls to start tomcat, in what order).