tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gerwood Stewart <gstew...@une.edu.au>
Subject Tomcat and PermGen
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:54:09 GMT
This is not quite a question about out of memory errors. It's a question about the behaviour
of contexts when deployed and un-deployed and what should happen to the non-heap (or in fact
any) memory when we undeploy a context.

>From my understanding (and it's not a good one) I would expect to see a drop in PermGen
memory area when we undeploy a context. Currently I'm seeing a very small increase and then
a much larger (9-15mb) increase when we redeploy which is suggesting that significant parts
of the context are being retained through some gc connection.

Any suggestions for tracking this down?

Thanks
Gerwood