tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Pohl <p...@tyntec.com>
Subject how to change the url,username and password connection pooling
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:05:47 GMT
Hi,

I wrote a webapp, that is using tomcats connection pooling. I was wondering how I can change
URL / username or password of the connection pool, without redeploying the webapp.

I tried the following:

1. putting the configuration in the $CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/[webappname].xml
and then changing the ressource entries. This works (in 6.0.18) but a redeploy happens. Which
means, that the application is unavailable for some time.

2. Using JMX to connect to the tomcat. Under catalina -> datasource -> webappname ->
localhost-> javax.sql.datasource -> "jdbc/postgres" -> attributes  i see the URL,
but when i change that, nothing happens.

What possiblities are left? Or is there simply no way to change that, while the application
runs?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Carsten Pohl