tomcat-users mailing list archives

From breako <alex.stave...@fineos.com>
Subject Problem forward HTTP / Soap request using mod_jk
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:35:10 GMT

Hi,
I have two tomcat servers and I can make them talk to each other using soap
/ http no problem.

However, when I put Apache infront of one my tomcat servers and set it up to
forward http requests to the tomcat server it doesn't get any requests.

I am using the mod_jk to achieve the forwarding. I have tested other types
of http forwarding, and they are all ok.

So I am confident, I have my workers.properties, ajp ports etc set up ok.

I am getting no error messages in my mod_jk logfile.

I wonder can mod_jk only forward only certain types of http requests?

Any ideas?

Apache Http Server: Apache/2.0.47
Tomcat Version: Tomcat/5.5.12

I have to use these versions for the project I am working on.

thanks.

httpd.conf

# Load the jk module.
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

# Specify the workers.properties file location
# This is where the tomcat instances are defined
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    error
JkRequestLogFormat "%B %H %r %s %w %V %T"

# Set up the URLs for request forwarding.
JkMount /HelloWorld/* worker2
JkMount /* worker2
JkMount /docy worker2

Workers.properties