tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Eulaers <eulaersi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hand Authentication to Apache
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:26:00 GMT
I have set up a basic "extranet" where clients can browse directories and view the files in
those directories. Access is handled by basic authentication of Apache. In the directories
that are open for a specific client I've created a .htaccess file (see example below).

Today, Tomcat has been installed on my server. When I now want to access those secured directories,
I get an error by Tomcat "The requested resource is not available". How can I repair this?

I've tried adding tomcatAuthentication="false" to <Connector port="21309" protocol="AJP/1.3"
/> and restarted Tomcat, but this was not the solution.

Users should be able to browse certain subdirectories as follow:
- User A, B, C should be able to access https://www.../extranet/client1/ and its subdirectories
- User A, D, E, F should be able to access https://www.../extranet/client2/ and its subdirectories

.htaccess-listing
=================

# STRONG HTACCESS PROTECTION
<Files ~ "^.*\.([Hh][Tt][Aa])">
 order allow,deny
 deny from all
</Files>

# REDIRECT http REQUESTS TO https, BUT AVOID ASKING TWICE FOR PASSWORD
SSLRequireSSL
ErrorDocument 403 https://www.pensionarchitects.be/extranet/docs

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Extranet"
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile ........
Require valid-user

Options +Indexes
  # SET INDEX OPTIONS
  IndexOptions IgnoreCase FancyIndexing FoldersFirst NameWidth=50 DescriptionWidth=* SuppressHTMLPreamble
SuppressLastModified

  # SET DISPLAY ORDER
  IndexOrderDefault Descending Name

  HeaderName /extranet/header.html