tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: ConnectionPool question
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 20:39:21 GMT
When I FIRST make a DB query through one of my JSPs/servlets, I get this msg printed to the
console.

AbandonedObjectPool is used (org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool@b32627)

   LogAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandoned: true
   RemoveAbandonedTimeout: 30

I don't get it afterwards, possibly insinuating I'm using one connection that get's recycled.
Even if I get an exception error later thrown (printed) to the console, it doesn't give me
that message again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elli Albek [mailto:elli@sustainlane.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: ConnectionPool question

As far as I remember, "abandoned" is a connection that was not closed. So if you call recycle
on a connection it will not generate abandoned message. The messages that you see are from
connections that you do not close. I also remember that closing a connection closes statements
and result sets, but it has been a while since I read the source.

Give the filter above a shot. It would takes maybe an hour to get running and can solve all
your problems in one go. You may experience a major boost to your system performance even
comparing to closing every connection (because you will be using a single connection per request
as opposed to multiple open/close).

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Christopher Schultz < chris@christopherschultz.net>