tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Baranski" <list-subscripti...@secmgmt.com>
Subject Class not found when doing JNDI lookup
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:28:39 GMT
I have ifxjdbc.jar in WEB-INF/lib, which contains the Informix driver I'm
looking for (I opened it and verified).

I have the following in context.xml:

<Context path="">

    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->

    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
restarts -->
    <!--
    <Manager pathname="" />
    -->
		<Resource name="jdbc/proteus" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
              maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
              username="install" password="install"
driverClassName="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"

url="jdbc:informix-sqli://sigma:1960/proteus:INFORMIXSERVER=sigma;IFX_LOCK_M
ODE_WAIT=-1;IFX_ISOLATION_LEVEL=1">
		</Resource>
</Context>

I get an error through the context lookup that I cannot load class
"com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver".

Here is the lookup:

this.setDataSource((DataSource)new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/proteus"));

Here's the web.xml entry:
<resource-env-ref>
		<description>
			Connection pool for xmlrpc.
		</description>
		<resource-env-ref-name>
			jdbc/proteus
		</resource-env-ref-name>
		<resource-env-ref-type>
			javax.sql.DataSource
		</resource-env-ref-type>
	</resource-env-ref>

Is JNDI somehow masking the classpath of WEB-INF/lib?  I have verified that
there are not multiple jars with this class in the webapp, and it is not in
the common/lib for tomcat.