tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject Re: Valves being converted to Filters?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 03:48:30 GMT
"Mark Thomas" <> wrote in message

>> Although I love filters, I find that valves have a very specific need
>> within
>> the container as well; it allows you to configure the container
>> independently of the application.  If everything is moving to filters,
>> that
>> would require me to modify the app everytime I want the container to
>> behave
>> slightly differently.
> Even without valves, there are lots of other ways to customize the
> container. You can also specify Filters at the global & host level (may
> also add engine to that list).

Really?  Does that exist already?  So far, the only place I know about where
I can configure filters are in the web.xml file(s) - both in the
application's web.xml and in the server's global web.xml.  Is there another
place / manner in which to configure a filter on a per-host basis?  Or is
this something that is only going to be available in a future release?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message