tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject HttpSession.setMaxInactiveInterval() sets for all sessions?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 01:38:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 6.0.18 and seeing something very bizarre.  If I use
HttpSession.setMaxInactiveInterval() in one session, and then in a different
session, use HttpSession.getMaxInactiveInterval(), I get the value that I
just set in the first session.

Almost as if setMaxInactiveInterval() sets a global parameter for all
sessions and not for the particular session in question.

Am I seeing strange behaviour, or is this behaviour by design?  I would have
expected that setMaxInactiveInterval() only modify the value for the
particular session being modified, not for all active sessions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric