tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasmus Larsen <>
Subject Re: Loading Jar files in a particular order on Tomcat 6
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 14:38:04 GMT
2009/10/4 Caldarale, Charles R <>:
>> From: Leon Rosenberg []
>> Subject: Re: Loading Jar files in a particular order on Tomcat 6
>> No, you can just overwrite and put the 'first' jar
>> into the first place of the classpath manually.
> ??? These are jars deployed with the webapp, located in WEB-INF/lib; putting them on
the system classplath will cause no end of grief.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that a custom class loader is the way to go.

>> On a side note, I would have a serious discussion about the quality of
>> their jars with the vendor(s). Simply put: one class can only be
>> located in one jar, everything else is unacceptable :-)
> Indeed; I'm quite surprised SpringSource would distribute something that way.  I wonder
if they have an alternative, non-conflicting packaging available.

Just to clarify, the Jars have nothing to do with SpringSource.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message