tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasmus Larsen <kolibria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading Jar files in a particular order on Tomcat 6
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 11:02:39 GMT
2009/10/4 Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.leon@googlemail.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Eric B. <ebenze@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote in message
> Back to the original post,
> why don't you simply patch (maybe automatically with ant) the jar file
> containing the 'old' version of the class and remove it?

The jar files are provided and signed by an external vendor.

> You won't be able to keep two different versions of a class in the
> same classloader anyway.

I want to use the newest version only, of course. Normally, I would
simply place the jar with the newest versions first in the classpath.
But the tomcat server has no such control, instead it just loads jar
files from the WEB-INF/lib directory, which means that the order is
based on the OS filesystem.

Apparently, there is no easy way to control the classpath for web
applications in Tomcat, so instead I have to make a custom classloader
that does loads classes from the jar files in a controlled order.

 - Rasmus