tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasmus Larsen <kolibria...@gmail.com>
Subject Loading Jar files in a particular order on Tomcat 6
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:30:18 GMT
I'm working on a web application where I have dependencies on two
different jars containing two different versions of the same class.
The jar files are supplied by an external vendor and cannot be
changed.

I've created a custom class loader, which first first tries to load
classes from a specific set of jars, and if that fails it just loads
the class in the standard manner. This makes it possible to ensure
that a specific set of jar files are always used first. This solves my
problem.

However, I was wondering if there was an easier way.