tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan D <danot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: users Digest 1 Oct 2009 16:56:25 -0000 Issue 9131
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 18:08:29 GMT

> From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:00:53 -0600
> Subject: Re: Comet duplicate END events
> On 09/30/2009 11:36 PM, Dan D wrote:
>
>> I have the exact situation as described thoroughly here:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg66793.html
>>

> wanna send us a test case?
> otherwise, duplicate END events should not be a big deal, easy to handle
>
>> Any thoughts?

The previous question about this includes a test case:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg66793.html

The other concern is that according to the API, after receiving an END event
the request will get recycled.  So the second END event may give you a
recycled request/response that would be dangerous to close the event or
touch the request/response.

Are you suggesting ignoring the second END event?  If so, what should I use
to detect it's a duplicate?  Using anything in the request/response wouldn't
be safe if they had been recycled.  I suppose I could use the identity of
the CometEvent itself?