tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject RE: Installing Tomcat: how much do versions matter?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:55:49 GMT
That sounds like ArcIMS 4.0?  Wow.  I would wait until your newer release of ArcIMS arrives.

Unless you are going to maintain shapefiles as your datasource, you won't get any support
from ESRI if you plan on connecting ArcIMS 4.0 to some newer version of ArcSDE.
http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techArticles.articleShow&d=22741

I can say that for IIS6, I have ArcIMS 9.3.1, Tomcat 6.0.20 and Java 1.6 working without issue
in which Tomcat and Java are newer versions than the ESRI specs for this version of ArcIMS.
 http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=35014

If you are going to be using the ArcIMS Java ADF, I would stick to the versions ESRI recommends
in their doc, unless you know how to add support for newer Servlet and JSTL versions.

However, ESRI has a doc for that also:  http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=33438

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman [mailto:kreshna_iceheart@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 3:35 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Installing Tomcat: how much do versions matter?

I need to install the following components on Windows XP (for ArcIMS):
1) Apache 2.0.43 (MSI installer for Windows, no crypto)
2) JSDK 1.4.1_01
3) Tomcat 4.1.12
4) mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

Problem is, Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.12 are just _nowhere_ to be found.
These are what I got instead:
1) Apache 2.0.63  (MSI installer for Windows, no crypto)
2) JSDK 1.4.1_01
3) Tomcat 4.1.40
4) mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

The Tomcat 4.1.40 is the JDK 1.4 version, so I think (or hope) there should be no problem
with that. However, the Apache is 2.0.63, while the mod_jk2 connector is clearly named mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll.
Will I be able to run everything smoothly, or will they just fail?

What if I go with newest version of every component instead? Thus, I'll be
using:
1) Apache 2.2.13
2) JSDK 6u16
3) Tomcat 6.0.20