tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Re: So many timeout values
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:43:36 GMT
> From: peter.crowther3@googlemail.com
> [mailto:peter.crowther3@googlemail.com] On Behalf Of Peter Crowther
> Subject: Re: [OT] Re: So many timeout values
>
> That's not even a "modern" stored-program computer!

Just because it used relays as the logic elements?

It was a stored-program computer, although we stored the various plugboards in a closet...

This was 1969, and the 1004 was attached to an 1108a via a 6-bit channel.  We occasionally
had to reprogram the 1004 for special jobs, depending on the character set used for the paper
tape or cards.

 - Chuck